Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Glimpse of Archangel's Shadows


Okay, it's super early for a snippet of Archangel's Shadows but since you have to wait till November for the book and I've had requests for a sneak peek, here's a glimpse. This is from the scene that flashes back to the battle and to a part where Ash is wounded.

This is from my current draft.

An instant later, her attacker's head was just gone, sliced off by a fluid steel blade that wasn't a sword or a knife but something in between, sharp as a scythe and as deadly. "No apologies between us, sugar," Janvier said and scooping her up in his arms, ran up the stairs.

No point in protesting. Wounded as she was, she'd only slow them down if she insisted on getting out of this on her own two feet. Shifting position in his hold instead, she pointed both guns over his shoulders. "Your ears are going to take a beating."

"I'll live."

She pressed the trigger on each gun, the sound huge in the small space.


- from ARCHANGEL'S SHADOWS / November 2014

21 comments :

Diane said...

Want, want , want!!! Such a long time to wait...

Bella-Lee Heart said...

This just makes me even more impatient. Cannot wait. :)

Janhavi said...

I am so excited! Yay!

aimee said...

Soooooo excited! Also, what a freaking amazing cover!

Wkonsunshine said...

I just got all weepy. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

OMG, so excited! Can't wait!!


~Jana

THE SILKWEAVER CHRONICLES said...

What I want to know is why he is called 'January' in French? Is it just because he is Cajun or is there a story behind the name? Does he have 11 sisters and brothers all named after the months of the year? Is it a name he chose like 'Venom' and 'Sorrow'?

Connie said...

Thank you for the snippet!

Nanik said...

Now I'm so excited :):):) Thank you for this snipped!!

Nalini Singh said...

Silkweaver - there's a story behind it. You find out in the book :)

Dianne R said...

Arrrrgh November is sooooooo far away. Janvier sounds so sexy. Can't wait!

Patty said...

Thanks for the snippet! Can't wait for this story!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I am really looking forward to read the story of Ash and Janvier!!!!

Susan said...

I was on the fence about this couple. The snippet was fantastic! You peaked my interest. Dag nab it, now I have to wait...8 month!

Liz said...

8 months .!! so long to wait.

cant wait to read the book. just just love them all !

Jo said...

I have wanted Ashwini's story for the longest time, thank you for the snippet, loved it. I always re-read all of the previous books before I start a the new one and just fall into this world evey single time.
Jo

Mary M. said...

OMG I didn't know the next Guild Hunter was about Ashwini and Janvier!! I've been rooting for them ever since I read Angel's Pawn, there was such explosive chemistry betwen them. The excerpt shows that this is still the case. I am eagerly anticipating November now!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this book. Too bad it's so far away. Guess I will just have to read the entire series again until then ;). BTW, does anyone know the title or subject of the guild series book that's coming in 2015?

Unknown said...

Is it on purpose that Ash is the spitting image of Angelina Jolie?

Unknown said...

It's downright unfair to make us wait for November. And looking at Archangel's Shadows' cover (stunning, really. I love it!). So now I'm patiently (okay, impatiently) counting the days to November. Please give us more snippets and teasers

Anonymous said...

Okay, I agree with everyone... Thank you for the snippet!! Been waiting like FOREVER for Janvier and Ash's story! Can't wait!!