Thursday, October 03, 2013

Book Rave: The Chocolate Series by Laura Florand


 

You must all read these books. No really. Laura Florand's Chocolate Series is sweet and sexy and all around delicious!!

A note about the pink and blue covers: To me, they say light and frothy, and while the stories are delicious as noted above, they're also deeply emotional.

It's like Laura Florand wrote this entire series for me (because I may or may not have read four books and a novella in the space of two days *ahem*). I mean, chocolatier heroes?! Gorgeous men who fall crazy in love with their heroines and never hesitate, paired with beautiful writing? Sigh.

I'm addicted. I can't wait for the next book.

Thank you to all the RL and Internet friends who kept telling me to read this series. You were right. So, so right.

If you've read these books, what did you think? If you haven't, do the excerpts on Laura's site tempt you?



p.s. If you're looking for an affordable entry point into the series, I think you can happily start with the ebook for The Chocolate Rose ($3.99US) which while technically being the third in the series, stands very well on its own. The hero, Gabriel, is ADORABLE.

p.p.s. I recommend you have some chocolate handy while reading these books. Don't even ask me about my chocolate consumption during reading.

4 comments :

Leah said...

My library has the first two in the series! Anything involving chocolate and France is something I must check out!

Always V said...

A CHOCOLATE LOVER MYSELF

I'll defo check the series out !!!

Thnx much ~ Nalini ♥

♥ HUGH JACKMAN ♥

LF made me do it!

Unknown said...

Sounds good.... think i'll check it. Thank you:)

Anonymous said...

This really has nothing to do with the book club. But lately PBS has been doing a documentary series called Earthflight that you might be interested in viewing because of the vivid images ofavian wings and lifestyles from around the world. Anyway, it gave me a sense of enjoyment because of your Guild Hunter series like movement in flight, composition, scenery, and so forth.