Monday, March 04, 2013

ARRC & My "Precious"

Hope you all had an amazing weekend! I'm back home from the ARRA Convention in Brisbane, Australia - complete with my shiny award for Favorite Continuing Romance Series, for the Psy-Changeling series. It makes me so happy to know that readers are still loving this series (because as you all know, I plan to write it till I'm 85 ;-)). *Joke...except not really...*

Thank you to the ARRA voters, and to all of you who constantly make my day with your messages and notes about the books.

I had a brilliant time at the con - if you're in Australia (or even NZ!) and love romance novels, this is a great, friendly con for you to attend. The next one will be in two years time, so there's lots of time to prepare.

You can see my pretty, pretty award in the photo above . :) (I will resist the temptation to say "my precious, my precious", though I think it would be appropriate after coming through Auckland Airport's Hobbit-themed arrival area).

Also, as you can see, I sponsored the convention bags this year, and they turned out gorgeous. If you covet one, I have good news - not only do I have a couple of extra bags that I'll be giving away later in the year, I know ARRA has some spare bags that they planned to sell to fundraise for their organization (which was created by readers and is volunteer run).

So if you want to make sure you get one for yourself or as a gift for a friend, contact them and I'm sure they'll let you know if the bags are still available and the cost/postage rate (they were offering them for a ridiculously reasonable price for the walk-ins at the booksigning, so be quick if you want one).

Right now, I've finished unpacking the suitcase (yay, me!) and am catching up on my messages while watching Ghost Whisperer (is David Conrad's character a great husband or what?). Back to work on the proofs of HEART OF OBSIDIAN tomorrow! (Don't forget the blurb reveal's happening March 5th!)

6 comments :

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on the win! I do hope you continue writing until you are 85... Or maybe longer;) The bags did turn out awesome.

Nanik said...

Congratulations!!

Diane said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Herzlichen Glückwunsch Nalini!

Keep writing!
(I don´t mind if you loose all your teeth. You´ll always be one of my stars!)

Sherri L. said...

Congradulations Nalini!

Helen said...

Congratulations on the win and long may you reign - write I love the series you are awsome!!